Wedding Planning | Checklist | Don’t Forget
Planning my wedding was so fun and exciting but also a challenge, there was so much to do and to sort out it would have been helpful for me to have someone or something tell me what I needed to organise for when and with a checklist I could work my way down. So now I feel I have the experience and knowledge to share this with you guys. Also, some tips and advice for things I had problems with and had to experience the hard way!
Enjoy this FREE pdf file –
Print out ready to use! – Wedding Checklist
12+ Months Before Wedding
- Get yourself a folder or binder to keep everything in one place!
- Plan your rough budget
- Choose a date
- Pick your Venue
- Make sure Registrar is free on the day and time you want. If getting married at the venue, book them. If not find your church and book it asap.
- Decide on your wedding party and ask them (bridesmaids, groomsman, flower girls etc.)
- Start thinking about your guest list
8 – 10 Months Before
- Send out save the dates today guests you defiantly want at your wedding, this gives them plenty of time to book time out of work, childcare etc.
- Look at accommodation for guests travelling get that reserved if at a busy time of year.
- Bride – Start dress shopping
- Find your catering company
- Consider and decide on – DJ, Photographer, Singer – “Wedding Recommendations”
- Have a think about any other entertainment you might like. Photo booth, sweet cart, videographer, live band, popcorn machine, videographer, silhouette artists etc. Start getting prices and quotes.
- Start considering Cakes, Flowers, Decorations that need hiring & Cars “Wedding Recommendations” for more help and advice.
- Have rough guest list sorted
- Find/design invitations and stationery for a wedding. Find a company or try doing it yourself – contact me for help!
- Have invitations made
- Start to look at suites and bridesmaid dresses
- Book in a planning meeting at your venue
- Think about Stag and hen dos. Get together your friends and sorta date, location and get booked up.
- All entertainment, professionals, food, flowers, cake, cars etc. should be booked up now!
- Find and book in Hair & Makeup “Wedding Recommendations”
- Wedding dress should be ordered and your first dress fitting should have been done
6-8 Months Before
- Send out invitations
- Book in announcement of marriage meeting
- Book Pre-wedding shoot – “Pre-wedding Photoshoot”
- Find and order Rings
- Think about and book your Honeymoon
- Make sure venue has all legal documentation for catering, DJ etc. and the same vice versa make sure catering company have all the information about the venue.
- Start thinking about your wedding music, you need 5 mins of waiting music, an aisle song, 2 songs when signing the book and as leaving the song. Also, think about your first and last dance.
- Book in dance lessons if wanting to do something different for the first dance.
- Order Vail and any hair pieces.
4 Months Before
- Organise bridal shower for 1 month before wedding
- Find shoes (day & night), jewellery, underwear.
- Book in your makeup and hair trials
- Think about gifts for bridal party
- Write your own vows or choose a traditional set.
- Choose your witnesses and ask them
- Thinking and writing down ideas for speech
- Organise any table favours, decorations you want to buy for the venue, ring box, post box etc.
2 Months Before
- Finalise your guest list and let catering company & venue know
- Start thinking about table plan
- Book in planning meeting with venue
- Email round professionals double checking they all have the right information on location and timings and are still able to make your day.
- Have final dress fitting, get the bridesmaids round to make sure their dresses fit and don’t need altering.
- Pay of final outstanding costs like venue, photographer and food. They often need full payment 4 weeks before the wedding.
- Get last hair colour
3 weeks – WEDDING DAY
- Book in any cosmetic stuff – Haircut and wash, Teeth scale and polish – 1 day before Spray tan & Nails – 3 days before “Wedding Recommendations”
- Pick up men’s suites
- Book in to have dresses pressed to collect the day before.
- Start to pack up all your bags and wedding things
- Place all music for ceremony onto 2 CDs (1 for a backup)
- Communicate with photographer/ Videographer, give them a list of photo pics and shoots you would like.
- Finalise table plan
- Sorta barber for the groom on the morning of wedding
- One last call around to professionals making sure they’re all up to date with information and ready to go for your big day
- Pack your overnight bag
- Arrange to collect your dress
- Organise all table decorations into boxes per table so it’s easy the morning of the wedding for whoever will be setting it up.
- Arrange collection or delivery of your Cake, Flowers etc.
Relax!! Have some YOU time! Spend time with your partner and enjoy the last few days together as a couple before your Married!! The build-up is a huge part of the excitement so enjoy it.